Tuesday, April 19, 2011

interface

It's embarassing being a Japanophile and pop culture maven. The Japanese and my own people despise me equally. Also, I'm like a child, except less capable. But, I am what I am. Fighting it only makes it worse.

I read Edwin O. Reischauer's Japan, the Story of a Nation. The brief description of the Meiji Restoration sort amazed me. Who were these people, who had a vision of modernity for the nation, and organized the nation to realize it.

But, few details were provided. At any rate, here I am, watching silly movies and cartoons, because it's the only thing I seem to be able to do. But here's a cartoon about the Restoration (sort of)!

This creepy movie channel, Crackle, is doing a lot of things right. Example: you can watch episode after episode of a cartoon ... just let it run. (The other great thing, besides that there are lots of movies and shows to watch, is: when it hangs up, and you reload the page to reset it, it starts up right where you were. That's extremely well done.)

Why do I call it creepy? So many slasher flicks. But, the truth is, I even like some of those. There are lots of popular films I'm glad to get a chance to see, too. So, I'm on a big movie watching exploration.

Jeepers, I just burned a kitchen towel into a pile of ashes. Explanation, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment