Wednesday, April 13, 2011

business development

Here I am, back at blogger. Basically, nothing has happened with most of the stuff I've done here, but the platform works, for sure. I'm asking myself, what can I do to make a blog that connects me to people? So, I'm thinking a lot about topics. If I create a place for stuff on a topic, I can go back to that place again and again to extend the discussion. And one thing blogger gives me is a comment section. It becomes a forum. But I can't create endless new comment sections and keep up with them. So a post has to be topical and basically my one and only on that topic.

Business development ... too general, obviously ... My idea is, post an idea and ask for suggestions. That's it? I'm thinking I'll create posts for a few ideas where I'm not making progress, and my biggest priority is to seem some kind of product come into existence, regardless of whether it's me creating the product. Those will be more specifically topical.

One thing I'm encountering a lot, that I think is pretty useful, is the idea of bootstrapping companies. Whatever the pros and cons of getting financing are, getting something going on one's own resources gets you standing ... and, for that matter, it gets you into business.

So, how do you bootstrap a company? Got a story? Maybe you would post something about it here.

OK, that sounds incomplete. Got an idea for a product you want to develop into a company? That makes you one of the nobodies, and this is the place for you. Post something abstract about it ... you don't want to reveal your secrets ... and most of the experts are derisive of that. The web needs a place for you. Now it has one. Do post something, and let's see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment